Monday, May 26, 2008

The Bigger Superstars

Yes, we've all heard about Amitabh's, Aamir's, Shahrukh's (this - as all other things are SRK - is nothing but a marketing exercise), and Salman's blogs (another marketing gimmick)...but what attracted me more about the entire rigmarole and crazy mudslinging going on there are 2 things:

a) I LOVE the honest opinions rolling around. I am appreciative of the fact that for the first time, we get to see the real person behind the screen persona that we are so used to and fathom all our opinions around that particular imaginary character. If the last sentence sounds complicated...stop reading after '...real person behind the screen persona...'

b) Reader comments :) I have managed to highlight a few randomly from the different blogs. I am in the process of classifying them, but thought I'd just share a few gems immediately.

I will also be posting some posts that I think are hard-hitting and give us a glimpse of the real person behind the pen.

A lot of the comments that are being posted by these readers of these various blogs have been compiled and collected by my good friend at work.

NB: This post is not intened to make fun of anyone or anyone's feelings. It's just an analysis of the pains people go through (even though they might know the English language very well) to reach out to their loved icons.

From Amitabh's blog:
  • To my surprise I never knew that your english vocab skills are so higher and higher that nobody can guess that you equally breath Hindi so well.
  • u really have perfect blend of all humanly qualities greatest fan following resumed till now
    wat to say next really a perfect idol bollywood actor liked by all agers
  • hi Amit uncle,
    m a gr8 fan of urs….for ma childhood.i hv always remind u as a strong man just like he-man.but diz days m upset wid u :( b'cause of ur atitude wid other stars….. shahrukh, aamir de are juniour of urs.. plzzdo dis .b'cause smtimes it gives us a glimps of any type of infiriority…
    actualy i wanna say dat u r a he-man…. n he-man never do so…
    plz dont mind wat i said. . . it is just wat i felt…..
  • Hello Mr. Amitabh!

    Its cool that you are writing a blog.

    I read somewhere that you are being paid a three digit sum (in crores) by bigadda to write on their blogging service. It might be true or it may not be true. But I am sure there will be some compensation for you. And you surely deserve it. With your blog, you are reaching your fans and also it is a commercial venture for bigadda.

    I would like to offer a PERMANANT PICTURE/FLAH AD in the first page right at the top in my blog. This ad will lead to your blog and also to big adda website. This ad will be permanant. All I ask for is a good compensation. I am a student and started my own blog to write personal articles. But now I also want to make money through my blog.

    So BIGB sir and BIGADDA dudes, consider my offer for a permanant Ad placement in my blog return, I need a decent compensation.

  • amitji is it necessary to work on SUNDAYS? sorry u r asking us . but now the position is like that we r asking to u?
  • Sir ji you can see me on big adda .My login ID is nananagpuri ,you can search using login ID nananagpuri.I am 22 years old guy with a lot of thinks
    thanks
  • mr bachchan, as i type this message many tears fall from my face
  • I am .. Not a big Fan off urs… but i like the WAY u r…. As even smwhere heared abt u that u r … even an ANGRY OLD MAn lol
    is tis a truth that u paid 100crors..z. for tis BLOG….. To abusz… SK…
    in it …!!

    i read smwhere in a blogs…"

The winner so far:
  • ""Dear BIG-B ji, I am Narendra; my home town is Allahabad.I want to you say that about your idea in the contribution of a new name for Allahabad. The new name will be BIG-B City. Allahabad is also known as 'Prayag'.I want to add a extra name BIG-B City following Allahabad as well as Prayag.Due to name of BIG-B City a lot of resons.I want to say that more people from Allahabad became famous or being famous ,A lot of politicians, poets,writers,freedomfighters etc born in Allahabd and have became popular ,but in the new name of My Allahabad you are pick of all because It is a true story about your name and fame.I am beginning true story I was pursuing MBA (2006-2008)in Rohtak which is CM CITY in Haryana State. I was living on rent near Police line Rohtak.I always fill my bottle of water from water cooler of Police line.First day some policemen asked me 'Are you student' and Where is Your home town.I told them yes I am student pursuing MBA in ICFAI National College(INC) which is related to ICFAI University Dehradoon(Uttaranchal).When I told them about my home town then they were wonderfull,they told me in Haryanvi local 'Are tu to Amitabh Bachchan ke gaon ka hai re, Amitabh se kabhi mila hai wo bhi tera Allahabadi hai,are tuje koi paresani hove to bata diyo,The behavior of them effected me I thought that I didn't met Amitabh Bachchan but due to the home city of Bachchan they want help me. During 2 years of College a lot of students and people respect me. After some days in my college when any person told me about my home town then I told them that my home town is BIG-B City. They were thinking that where this city in India but after few is seconds they gussed you are from Allahabad and represented in Haryanvi' Are Amitabh ke home town ka hai Tera matlab Allahabd se hai.Once upon a time I was copying my some papers in a photostate shop. I asked for giving money in our mother tongue 'Are Sir ji kitne paise huye' the owner of this shop asked me 'Tu to yaha kaa nahi lahta kaha kaa rahne wala '.I told him that I am from BIG-B City .He told me sat on my sheet 'Are tuje pata hai tu bachchan sahib ke sahar ka hai Matlab Allahabd ka hai tu .I WAS SHOKED THAT HIS EYES IN FULL OF TEARS AND HE TOLD ME;I want much Amitabh I respect you that you are from Allahabad and told me 'tujhe paakar aur teri local boli se manne bahut santi mil rahi hai jaise maine Abitabh ko pa liya hai. A lot of stories related to your fame and name,So Among all Allahabadi you are very popular in the root of country.If you do not want BIG-B City then you can change BIG-B City into Bachchan City in the written form .I will also try.I am 22 years old but I have great thinking about this name BIG-B City for Allahabad.
    I am waiting for your opinion""
The most hard-hitting piece I have read from Amitabh's blog is the one under which lambasts Khalid Mohammed for his review of Bhootnath. Wow!

"...And Khalid Mohammed who reviews the film for Hindustan Times of date, who instead of reviewing writes a personal letter to me through a public document, who wishes that I go and learn how to act from the Pune Film Institute, who laments at the only dialogue he heard in the entire film, my oft repeated ‘Haiiiiiiii’, who as director made three of the most colossal bombs in the history of Indian Cinema and who now tries to educate others in the craft, who credits the cast of the film as AB,AB AB, disrespecting the other eminent star presence, who allegedly as Editor of Filmfare, coerced the talent of his directed films to work for him in lieu of the alleged consideration of an Award, titles his diatribe -

‘TO BOO OR NOT TO BOO’

Well KHALIDA ! And this is not a gender error, but a call you respond to lovingly, when Jaya addresses you, as you spread yourself across our dining table in Jalsa, sipping our, in your own words, ‘exclusive and expensive wine’, this is what I have to say to you -

‘BOO’ !!!"

No comments:

Music Stores and Sense #6

 We all know about the 5 senses (sight, sound, smell, touch and taste), but there is a mysterious and unknown sense that we all possess, kno...